Notable events in, and around, people’s lives.
- The tragic tale of Laura Curtis, the short married life of a very unlucky member of the Neal family in the early 1900s.
- Tonypandy Riots – a year-long miners’ strike 1910/11 had moments of violence, which must have been witnessed by members of the Welsh side of the family.
- First World War Rounding up the various site articles touching on this topic, plus some more details on those who served, army training, conscription.
Here are some Cutlock and Co items giving context to ancestors lives, such as poverty, housing, environment. And don’t forget the Occupations page.
- No beating about the Bush Dreadful conditions, a strong community in Cwm Clydach
- Exploring family history on a Kindle
- The London smog of 1952
- Booth’s London survey south of the river
- Feeling Bushed Exploring Bush Houses, Clydach Vale
- Oak River sledge ride to school A little snow in Manitoba
Other events will appear in the site’s ‘blog posts’. For instance: