Frank Cornelius Beasor born 13 Aug 1903 Deptford, father Thomas Beasor, mother Sarah Jane Gilbert. Married Maude Florence Miller 1926, who died 1949, and married Ethel Taylor in 1950. Died Cornwall 1986.
Note: Thomas Beasor b 1861 d 1934, m Sarah Jane Gilbert 22 Dec 1884 Newington and after her death in 1915, m Florence Emily Brown 12 Sep 1918 Deptford. Shown as Thomas William on marriage registration and his children’s baptisms, but on Frank’s birth certificate he is Thomas Henry (there is little doubt it is the same person).
The Beasor family was in Deptford for many generations. The earliest definite ancestor (so far) is John Beasor born 1801 (probably in Rotherhithe), a cooper. Married Mary Watson 7 Jan 1821 Lewisham St Mary. Offspring, all born Deptford:
- John Robert b 1821 m Mary Howard 1854, d 1891.
- Charles George b 1823.
- Sarah b 3 Jun 1825, probably m Humphrey Juniper, d 1881.
- Harriet Ann b 29 Oct 1827, m Charles Barrett 27 Feb 1853 Rotherhithe, d 1909.
- Robert George b 1830, m Mary Martha Watts 9 Jun 1881 (d 1891), m Ann Tabitha Osman (Paddick/Horn) 1894, and also married an earlier Mary – Mary Ann Bindley Howers? At 1871 Robert and Mary ran The Guernsey pub in Portsmouth, d 26 Sep 1913 Greenwich Union Infirmary. Adopted William Steer, b about 1855 Portsmouth.
- Diana Mary b 2 Feb 1834, d 1837.
- Thomas William b 9 Nov 1836, m Emma Caroline Woodman 14 Oct 1860 Plumstead, d 16 Apr 1864. Children: Thomas b 22 Apr 1861 (father of Frank Cornelius, see above), and Emma b 15 Nov 1862. (Emma Woodman later married John Green 1873 or 1874.)
- Alexander Henry b 1840, m Sophia Matilda Birchall 1861 Rotherhithe (d 1877) and later m Matilda Hannah Taylor 17 May 1880 Rotherhithe, d 1902.
Siblings of Frank C Beasor
All born Deptford (reg district Greenwich). There may be some minor errors.
- Mary Beatrice b 1885, m Walter Jex 3 Aug 1907 St Luke’s Deptford, d 1981 Bromley.
- Thomas William b 1 Feb 1886, m Mabel Burchell 1912, Nancie Harvey Oakley 1940, d 1971 New Forest.
- John William b 1887, m Emily Annie Armsworth at Wesleyan Chapel, New Cross Road 2 Aug 1913, d 1981 Huntingdon.
- Ellen Elizabeth b 1891, m Frederick George Bath 1 Feb 1914 St Lukes Deptford, d 1987 Bexley.
- Daisy Sarah Jane b 1893, m Sidney Herbert Crundwell 18 Jul 1917 St Lukes Deptford, d 1990 Melbourne, Australia.
- Henry George b 1895, m Charlotte Pretoria May Jones 1919, d 1965 Hillingdon (was in Australia for some time).
- Robert Bryan b 1898, probable marriage Ellen Hughes 1925, d 1983 Bexley.
- George Frederick b 1900, m Alice Emma Gilbert 1927, d 1996 St Albans.
- Half sibling (mother Florence Brown) Florence E b 1920, m John Spurling 1947, d 2011.