To follow up the traditional year-end top moments, the traditional look forward for 2011.
Some of the possibilities:
- A visit to the Tonypandy area, and Trealaw cemetery in particular (the list of tree members buried there just keeps expanding), really ought to be on the to do list.
- Scanning to digital form old family photos. For this, it would be great if the Flip-Pal portable scanner got released in the UK soon, preferably not at straight dollar to pound pricing – see this ‘not-a-review’ post.
- Am looking forward to Welsh parish registers appearing on Findmypast in 2011/12, although that means having to shell out for another subscription at some point. See Grown Your Own Family Tree post. Conversely the 1911 census arriving on Ancestry sometime this year means not needing to take an extra sub for that.
- As I wrote on the ‘About’ page a couple of weeks ago, I’m “currently particularly interested in finding any living Cullum relatives, the Canadian branch of Neal, and Watkins cousins too.” Good start – a Watkins third cousin emerged today!
- Keeping on finding material which might just be worth a blog post here.
As with all predictions, what actually happens over the course of the year is distinctly subject to events, dear boy, events.